My approach is Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) which comes from traditional behavioural and cognitive behavioural therapy. The work we do in session is supplemented by committed action in the days or weeks before the next session, therefore for people who are motivated to make change there is opportunity to work through challenges faster though this is not always an option for every client. Sometimes the process can take time and that’s OK too! We can also use Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, it will depend on what works best for your situation.
I’ve counselled hundreds of people using ACT with some outstanding results, and I’d love to see if I can help you achieve the life you’d prefer to be living.
I provide this counselling service via Coviu because it is fast and secure and you won’t need to download software. In fact you can even use it from your mobile phone.
I have worked with:
- Student leaders from the Australian National University, UniLodge, Campus Living Villages, University of Canberra, Robert Menzies College, Campion College, ANU Disabilities Student Association, Canberra Student Housing Co-Op.
- Teachers/Principals from Amaroo School, Merici College, Hawker College, Lyneham High, Daramalan College, Canberra Girls Grammar, Radford College, Kaleen High School.
- Volunteers from Lifeline, Red Frogs International.
- Department of Defence, Department of Industry, Measurement Institute, Barnardos, Red Cross, Guide Dogs Australia (not the dogs), Canberra Rape Crisis Centre, Domestic Violence Crisis Service, Campbell Page.
- Mental Illness Fellowship, Mental Illness Education ACT, Mental Health Community Coalition, Mental Health Australia.
- NSW Police.
- Law Firms.
My qualifications include:
- Masters Degree in Management
- Masters Degree in Counselling (ongoing)
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling
- Graduate Certificate in Community Counselling
- Bachelor of Communication
- Certificate IV Trainer/Assessor
- Cert IV Celebrancy
- Certificate III Commercial Cookery
- PADI/SSI SCUBA Instructor
- MIEACT Volunteer Educator
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training Instructor
- Principal Master Youth Mental Health First Aid Instructor
- Principal Master Mental Health First Aid Instructor